AWARDED GRANTS (SUBMITTED AND/OR EXECUTED):
1. US Department of Defense – “A new antiviral (Antisense) platform targeting hemorrhagic fever viruses and models of antibiotic-resistant intracellular bacterial pathogens” (through DTRA/TMTI) [HDTRA1-07-C-0010] Awarded [November 2006, Modified 2008 and] 2009.
Various collaborators including USAMRIID; Programs covering Ebola and Marburg hemorrhagic fevers & broad Arenavirus therapeutic – awarded total ~$39,555,000 including two modifications
2. US Department of Defense – “Toxicology program for Exon skipping in DMD” Awarded March 2009 (through DoD/USAMRAA) [W81XWH-09-1-0215]
In collaboration with Children’s National Medical Centre, Washington DC awarded $2,454,000 for preclinical GLP studies in two species with AVI-4658
3. Wellcome Trust – Health Innovation Challenge Fund – [HICF-1009-025] Awarded April 2010
Title: Advanced antisense oligonucleotide technology for exon skipping in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
In collaboration with University of Oxford and MDEX Consortium, UK – awarded £2,305,135 for preclinical and clinical development of an SSO for skipping exon 53 in DMD
4. US Department of Defense – “Rapid Response Exercise” (through DTRA/TMTI) [HDTRA1-09-C-0046/P00003] Awarded May 2009; extended April 2010
Exercise to rapidly develop a therapeutic PMO-based candidate and provide preclinical material against the pandemic H1N1 (Swine flu). Awarded total of $8,100,000.
5. US Department of Defense – “H1N1 Countermeasure Development” (through DTRA/TMT) [HDTRA1-10-C-0079] Awarded June 2010
Execute IND-enabling preclinical development program, file an IND and complete phase 1 Human Clinical safety studies for a therapeutic PMO-based candidate and prepare for Emergency Use Authorization if such an emergency is declared. In total $18,000,000.
6. US Department of Defense – “Advanced Development of Therapeutic Candidates for Ebola and Marburg Hemorrhagic Fever Viruses” (through DTRA/TMT) [W9113M-10-C-0056] Awarded July 2010